You probably know dash cams as standard issue for police cruisers, but these gadgets are being adopted by more private citizens every day. That’s because a dash cam offers real safety features to provide peace of mind for you and your family. Here are five ways a dash cam can help.
- A watchful eye. Dash cams record video in a loop from inside your car. Some models have a special parking mode that will put the cam to sleep while the engine is off, then wake it up if the cam detects vibration. Some systems will even send a notification and live-streaming video to your smartphone.
- Back it up. Some dash cams offer backup cameras to give you a clear view while in reverse. You can get into that tight parallel parking spot without worrying about dinging a fender or see if you’re about to hit the bike your kid left in the driveway
- Give me some space. The right dash cam model will alert you if you’re dangerously close to the vehicle in front of you, helping you avoid an accident.
- Keep tabs on a teen. Install a dash cam in the car your teenager drives to make sure they’re going where they’re supposed to go and following the rules of the road.
- Just the facts, ma’am. Of course, a dash cam is most useful for its intended purpose: to record footage in case of an accident. If you’re in an accident, dash cam footage can be vital in proving who is and is not at fault.
If you’re thinking about installing a dash cam in your car, reach out to your local Tint World® to find the right model for you. We offer installation and a full range of in-car electronics, so contact us today!