Having to bundle up on a freezing morning and scrape ice from your vehicle before driving is one of the worst parts of winter. Depending on where you live, this can be a twice-daily task for months at a time. But Tint World® can help! Here are five tips for removing ice from your frosty windshield or preventing the worst icy buildup.
- Shield your windshield. The best thing you can do to keep frost from forming on your windshield is to keep moisture at bay. Snag one of our window shades and place it over your windshield at night. Placing the window shade under your windshield with the shiny surface out during the day can reflect heat back through the windshield and keep frost from forming.
- Warm it up. Give your car plenty of time to warm up and let your heater’s defrost setting do its work. If you need to scrape after the car warms up, you won’t need half the time or muscle. You can even warm your car from the comfort of your home by installing a remote start
- Smelly solution. Even if you don’t like the odor, a common DIY trick is to spray your windshield each night with a solution of three parts vinegar to one part water.
- Don’t get hot! Whatever you do, don’t pour hot water over your frosty windshield. The sudden temperature change can cause your windshield to crack or shatter.
- Skip the wipers. Your windshield wipers were not made to be ice scrapers. In fact, trying to use them this way can reduce their performance in their real job. For better results, take your time with a scraper.
Your local Tint World® can help you and your auto stay warm and frost-free this winter. Contact your local Tint World® for more information!