Our business was built on a cornerstone of customer service. That’s why Tint World®, which opened our first store in 1982, is now the largest independent automotive customization franchise in the business. We have serviced multiple generations of cars for multiple generations of families – because we consider them family ourselves.
Here are a few keys to customer success to ensure your clients return again and again:
- When greeting a customer, or bidding one farewell, or even when answering the phone, keep a smile on your face. Nothing generates goodwill like a good grin.
- Treat every customer with dignity and respect, regardless of their appearance. Even the most bedraggled-looking folks could have a wad of cash they want to drop at your store.
- Banish the words “I don’t know” from your vocabulary. Replace them with “I’ll find out for you.”
- The customer standing in front of you merits your attention, not one calling on the telephone.
- Don’t badmouth customers in front of others.
- Speak clearly, avoid slang and be mindful of your tone.
- In this technology-driven world, a personal touch counts for a lot. Consider a written note instead of an email thanking a good customer. But no matter how you do it, always offer thanks. Early and often.
- Make sure your entire team participates in the customer-service sector of your company.
- First impressions count — a lot. That includes the first impression of your franchise. Keep your grounds maintained, your entrances clean and inviting, and deliver a hearty “hello!” as soon as a client walks in the door.
- Be considerate of your customer’s time. Attend to their needs on a timely basis, and make sure you deliver their product on time.
- Look at how other companies handle customer relations, and offer continuing education and training in customer-service best practices.
Above all, remember the adage “It takes time to build. It takes a second to wreck it.
Here’s more on the Tint World® approach to customer service.