Make your shop appealing and increase sales
The corporate office is committed to helping our franchise owners succeed. You have some leeway in your store design beyond our standard requirements. Use it wisely, and watch your sales increase.
The appearance of your shop is more important to customers than location and customer service, according to consumer research.
The physical appearance of a shop is even more important these days as online shopping continues to siphon dollars away from traditional storefronts. Many consumers enjoy the sensory experience of shopping personally, so appeal to those senses. Layout, design, lighting, scent and sounds are all important to crafting a prime customer experience.
One founding principle of Tint World was to set our stores apart from the occasionally dingy environments of auto parts and styling centers. That means no ripped vinyl couches, scuffed floors and dirty coffee makers beneath flickering fluorescence.
We will help you set up your store and have standardized displays for many of our vendor products, but here’s a quick primer on making a store appealing:
- Consumers can determine quickly the quality of any store, so pay attention to entry points. You want something engaging straight ahead and to the left and right of the entrance. You want to provide visual cues to guide your customer’s browsing.
- Alter your lighting where practical. Think of the way jewelry stores use it to their advantage. Certain lighting used appropriately can actually increase perceived value. Use lighting to highlight certain products.
- Avoid playing music with lyrics. Research has shown that songs with lyrics can distract shoppers.
- Don’t use spray deodorizers or similar products. Keep it neutral, or utilize relaxing scents such as apple or citrus.
- Don’t forget this crucial element. Curb appeal is crucial to making your store stand out. Consider displaying a prime example of your work outside. Nothing will get attention like a polished, tricked-out and recently detailed Hummer out front. Make sure your landscaping is appealing and free of trash and weeds. Keep your parking lot clean.