Car lots offer contract options for many aftermarket services
There’s a fortune to be made on your local car lot.
Not through selling cars, but making them more attractive to buyers.
Many large dealerships will keep detailing and other services in-house. Don’t write them off, but soliciting your services to smaller dealerships could pay off.
Here are a few ideas to tap what could be a lucrative year-round market for your local Tint World services:
- Identify the players. A Google search should yield information on car dealers and lots in your area. Target these dealers for detailing or tint services. Better yet, connect with lot owners and salesmen at community business events such as chamber of commerce coffees or industry events.
- Determine your range of services. Cars might get dinged during test drives. Sell your ceramic coating or blemish removal services. A preowned car might bring a higher price if a few bells and whistles are offered. Sell your video or audio upgrades. If it’s a blistering summer, sell your tinting services. Even new cars get flat tires sometimes. Offer onsite tire replacement or patching.
- Upgrade the trade-in. Explain to lot owners and dealers who might resell trade-ins that you can detail them, paint them and add tint or paint-protection services.
- Get personal. Don’t stop at servicing only retail cars. Many dealers have their own small fleets for loaner services, and salesmen themselves may be in the market for an after-market upgrade.
- Put a logo on it. Tint World graphic design services could be a great way for a dealer to advertise. Custom graphics are a proven effective means of generating publicity.
- Service the customer. Suggest to your targeted dealers that you can cut them a deal on customization packages that could sweeten the pot for a customer on the fence. Free detailing for a year? Oil changes for life? Bed liner installation?
There are tens of millions of cars in this country. There are also endless ways to cash in. The only limit to services you could offer fleet managers or dealers is your imagination.