The season can tilt you toward profit, or send you over the edge
The holiday season is the most wonderful time of the year.
For small business owners such as Tint World franchisees, it can also be the most stressful time of the year.
But you are not alone, and there are many proven steps to reduce the tension and stress that can redline during the busy holiday season.
- Keep a running list of reasonable tasks to consult and complete. This will prevent you from spinning gravel and mistaking motion for progress. It can also give you satisfaction when you cross off an accomplishment.
- Bring order. Having a tidy and organized home, store and office can bring you peace of mind and a sense of control. Disorderly environments foster more chaos. It’s also helpful to not have relatively mundane housekeeping chores on your to-do list.
- Be nice. It’s always tempting to lash out when you are under stress or your temper is short. It’s important to tame your temper and avoid an outward exhibition of stress. Difficult employees and customers can sense your anxiety, and that makes you an even more tempting target for the negative people in your life. Small acts or words of kindness can make you feel better. Altruism is a positive evolutionary trait ingrained in our psyches.
- Be present. Tend to the pressing matters at hand rather than obsessing or worrying about future tasks. One way to put yourself in the moment is to practice deep breathing exercises a few times a day.
- Get some rest. Sleep deprivation only exacerbates stress. Burning the midnight oil can help in the short-term, but sleep debt builds quickly, with shocking interest rates.
- Avoid multitasking. More experts agree that multitasking is actually impossible. It spreads your brainpower and focus too thin. See No. 1 above. Make a list and focus on one task at a time.
Remember that the holiday season is as much about family and friends as it is about making money. It’s an important time of year to tilt those balance sheets in the right direction, but don’t let the pursuit of profit stress you and your family to the gills.
For more information on Tint World franchise opportunities, download our franchise kit today or call 888-629-8777.