It’s a tough labor market, but don’t lower your standards
With unemployment below 3 percent in most of the country, recruiting and hiring the right staff for your Tint World® franchise can be a challenge. But the right employees with the right skills are out there, and you shouldn’t compromise your commitment to hiring only the best and brightest. The success of your franchise depends on productive and committed employees.
Here are five tips for navigating a tough labor market:
- Seek help from the home office. Tint World® franchise support includes a host of benefits such as tips on recruiting and hiring. The Tint World® home office can also provide training guidance.
- Consider recruiters. Staffing agencies can take a lot of headache out of the hiring process. Staffing services can help you identify both entry-level and advanced candidates suitable for a managerial position.
- Consult with other franchisees. The labor market varies across the country, but not by much. Your fellow store owners may have some solid advice on recruiting, hiring and retention.
- Write a detailed job description. Make sure you hit all the important points about the position you want to fill. Outline the experience you seek in candidates. A job description is also a great place to point out perks your company offers. Benefits such as health insurance and vacation not only help attract candidates, they can help you retain them, too.
- Cast a wide net. Your job ad should appear on most major job platforms, like Monster and Indeed. But don’t forget online sites such as Craigslist. Solicit candidates from your store’s Facebook fans. It’s easy to overlook in this day and age, but some people still scan the want ads in your local newspaper.
The right candidate is out there. You just have to up your recruiting game in this tight job market. Happy hunting!
Download a Tint World® franchise kit for more information on our franchising opportunities.